Collection from food shops
We collect animal materials not intended for human consumption generated by butchers, pork butchers and fishmongers.
Compliance with regulatory obligations
Animal co-products and by-products, whatever their origin and the size of the structure that generates them, are subject to the obligations of Regulation (EC) No. 1069/2009: disposing of them in the OIW (Ordinary Industrial Waste) bin is not authorised.
For food shops, this means that they must ensure:
- Rigorous sorting of materials.
- Handling by approved operators who meet all the health safety and traceability standards. The collection slip, which is systematically issued at each visit, attests to the fact that the materials have been handled in compliance with the controls.
We meet all of these needs.
Materials collected and recovery
- Meat co-products: bones, tallow, fat, cutting waste (red or white meat, fish), expired use-by dates, sausages, hams, pâtés, cooked meats. These materials are collected without packaging and mixed as waste in our category 3 recovery channel. They are mainly intended for use in pet food (Vivaks brand), fertilisers (Régénak brand), oleochemicals (Accuraks brand) and biofuels (Biomaks brand).
- Co-products of other materials of animal origin: fish, molluscs, shellfish, all dairy products and even eggs, without packaging. They are also collected in our Cat. 3 recovery channel and processed with the previous ones for transfer to the same recovery outlets.
- Animal waste (risk or spoiled material): it is collected in our category 1 recovery channel and recycled into bioenergy (Caloraks brand) and biofuels (Biomaks brand).